Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Coming Back to Life...Slowly

Pried my virus-ridden body out of bed early for a run on the beach. 


Distance: 6.1 miles
Time: 40 minutes
Effort: Easy
Body: Poor
Weather: Sunny and warm

Took Tuesday off due to busy meeting day and being wracked by a virus I must have picked up on the plane from Denver to Tampa.

Met up with CB this morning at 6:30 a.m. and quickly hit the beach here on Florida's Gulf Coast, outside St. Petersburg. The tide was out, so there was a wide, nearly flat and solid-sand surface for running.

We cruised south to a jetty, which marks the end of the peninsula on which we are staying. Not willing to give up the great running surface, we turned around and ran the 1.75 miles back to the hotel and continued on for another for a bit...enough to get five miles in before the day's events got going.

Surprisingly, I felt better running than not. Before I started, I was sure I was going to be dragging. Instead, I was distracted by the movement and good conversation. Once we hit the hotel's beach-side patio and slowed to a walk, the drag-down feeling washed right back over me...sort of like a wave crashing on the beach.

Sore throat has eased and a snot factory set up shop in my head. Body feels beat up and tired, but the trend appears to be toward beating back the virus.

2 comments:

  1. I was going to say you had the airline flu. Happens to me about half the time, but it also happens in my own car, due to the stress of the trip, and dry air.

    I don't blame you for running on the beach anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually these types of the things occur when ever we gone for a long drive. And we are in a pressure of stress and also happen due to the reason of the dry air.

    ReplyDelete