Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Elk Meadow - Tempo

Time: 43 minutes
Distance: 6.1 miles
Effort: Hard
Body: Fair
Weather: Socked in and snowing



Got out at the end of the day for a quick tempo workout on the trails of Elk Meadow Open Space.  Ran from home to the upper parking lot as a w/u, then started the tempo run.  Ran the Meadow View - Painter's Pause trails and finished up on the roads back to the house.


I definitely could feel lingering fatigue in the legs from Sunday night's long run.  In fact, at times, I felt for sure like I was running a tempo effort, but far from a tempo pace. Things began to click better the last couple of miles, but I was never close to feeling the groove.


The snow started about one-third of the way through the run.  A neighbor said the weather gurus are calling for "up to" 24 inches up here.  I predict way, way less.  Me...the hopeless optimist.



No comments:

Post a Comment