Saturday, December 5, 2009

Saturday, December 5 - Hiwan - El Pinal Loop


Time: 42:32
Distance: 4.98 miles
Effort: Easy
Body: Good
Weather: Cold

With darkness settling in, I was resigned to the fact I had let the day slip by as household chores had filled what was a pretty decent day. Yet, about the time the clock hit 5 p.m., I was struck by a dose of motivation.  Fearing the feeling wouldn't last, I quickly threw on cold weather gear (including reflective vest) and headed outside to bang out a few miles on the cold pavement.

Ran through parts of the Hiwan and El Pinal neighborhoods, taking note of the collection of X-mas lights dotting both neighborhoods.

Managed just under five miles with 609 feet of elevation gain. Glad to have gotten in a few miles, but disappointed I let the day slip away.  Will have to make up the mileage on a long run tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment