Friday, November 19, 2010

Green Mountain - Ups

Late afternoon dash up Boulder's Green Mountain. Up in the twilight, down in the near-full-moon darkness.


Time:  1:10 
Distance: 5.75 miles
Effort: Moderate
Body: Good
Weather: Getting dark and cool



Nice run up the backside of Green Mountain. Started the run about 4:10 p.m., with the sun fading behind the mountains to the west. Felt pretty good the whole way up. Hit the ranger cabin in an easy 16:37.  Chugged steady up the trail from there, hitting the four-way in 36:30. Made my way up the steps to the summit and tagged the summit marker in 39:02, about 15 seconds off a PR.  


I have got to get my splits and PRs memorized. Would have worked it harder if I knew I was that close.


Body felt solid again. Ran in the Crosslites for the first time in a couple weeks. Felt faster in 'em...just like when you're a kid.  "Will these shoes make me run faster?"


Jogged down in just over 30 minutes in the dark. Thankfully, a near-full-moon was rising in the east casting a nice, warm glow on the trail.  Great night in the Boulder hills.



No comments:

Post a Comment