Saturday, November 13, 2010

Flat-n-Long Run

With yesterday indicating most systems were go, I decided to give the Achilles a longer break and get out for something long and flat.


Time: 2:35
Distance: 20 miles
Effort: Easy
Body: Fair
Weather: Chilly and sunny



Starting from the Goodson Rec Center at 7 a.m., ran the mostly-flat, crushed-gravel surfaced Highline Canal with Patrick G., Steve G., Lori, Kelly and one other woman whose name I forgot.  We all ran together for the first few miles, then broke up into distance/pace groups with Patrick, Steve and I cruising on ahead.


Patrick turned back at about 8.5 miles since he had a 30 mile run planned for way-dark o'clock tonight. Steve and I toiled on to the 10-mile mark and turned around. I soon was dashing into the shrubs for a bio break and Steve, who's training for the Las Vegas Marathon, motored on. Once back on the path, I ran a few miles at around 6:20, but just didn't have it in me to run him down.


Finished about three minutes behind.


Achilles felt fine. Feeling the fatigue now, though.


Perfect running weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment