Friday, September 3, 2010

Beaver Brook - Gudy Gaskill Trails - Easy

Time: 59 minutes
Distance: 5.63 miles
Effort: Easy
Body: Average
Weather: Hot 



On the way home from the airport this morning, I jumped off I-70 at the Genessee exit and parked near Ralston Elementary and made my way over to the Beaver Brook trail via some unnamed trails that, I think, run through some land owned by the Mt. Vernon Country Club. 


After a few rollers, the trail descended down to a plateau overlooking Clear Creek Canyon. Here, the Gudy Gaskill Trail loops 2.48l miles around a small mountain and reconnects with the Beaver Brook, just three-quarters of a mile further down.  (Gaskill was one of the driving forces in creating the Colorado Trail.)


I returned to the car via series of trails and double track that wound their way up through the ponderosas.  


Not a bad way to reenter the world of Colorado after three days on the East Coast.



No comments:

Post a Comment