Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hiwan - The Ridge - Hilly Tempo

Time: 1:20
Distance: 10.4 miles
Effort: Moderate
Body: Good
Weather: Clear, Cool & Dark



A busy day at work today kept me indoors for the best part of the day. It looked beautiful outside...


Finally peeled away after the work day and post-kids homework and dinner. Ran at tempo pace over a hilly route (1,221 feet of elevation gain) from home through the Hiwan and The Ridge subdivisions, with a quick stop at the grocery store to drop off a prescription.


Body felt great, following two days off post-Salida marathon. I did not intend to take Monday off, but the work day got away from me and a meeting at the kids' school all evening meant it would be two days off. Probably a good thing, though. Gives any training advantage from Saturday's hard run a chance to sink in...at least that's my internal sales pitch.


Had a weird pain in the forefoot of my right foot at the beginning of this run. It was sort of a tingling, but painful tingling, sensation that radiated from the forefoot into my third and fourth toes. I stopped and walked for 50 yards or so and that seemed to take care of it. This is the second time I've experienced this thing. The first was about five miles into Saturday's marathon. If you've had anything like this, please drop me a comment and advise. Anyway...I'll be keeping an eye on it.





No comments:

Post a Comment