Sunday, July 4, 2010

Steamboat - Yoo Hoo to Christie's Lift - Ups

Time: 49 minutes
Distance: 5.05 miles
Effort: Hard
Body: Good-ish
Weather: Sunny and warm



Quick mid-after noon run from the Steamboat condo up into the ski resort. This time I took the Yoo Hoo Trail, which was a fair bit steeper than the Zig Zag Trail I ran the day before. Climbed on the trail to the top of Christie's Lift and then descended quickly via a series of other trails whose names I've forgotten (if it went down in the direction I needed to go...I took it).  


Really enjoyed running in Steamboat. The forests here, even though they are being hammered by bark beetle, are beautiful, with a solid mix of aspen, spruce, lodgepole and a few ponderosa and a dense. lush understory.  


Thinking about running the Run Rabbit Run 50 in September. The only problem is that it's a week before the Golden Leaf Half Marathon, which runs from Snowmass to Aspen - one of my favorite races.  Ahhh...decisions....


1,223 feet of elevation gain.



No comments:

Post a Comment