Friday, July 9, 2010

Chautauqua - Bear Canyon - Green Mtn - Gregory

Great, moderate-paced late morning run from Chautauqua, topping out at the summit of Green Mountain.


Time:  1:30-ish
Distance: ? miles
Effort: Moderate
Body: Good
Weather: Sunny and warm



Escaped from the desk at mid-morning, lured out by the perfect weather - mild temps, a bit of humidity in the air and blue skies. 


From the Chautauqua trailhead, I headed up Bluebell to Mesa, took Mesa over to Bear Canyon and climbed the canyon to the intersection with West Ridge, pausing to dunk the hat in the blissfully cool creek. From here, I climbed Green Bear up to the four-way and then on to the summit of Green Mountain. I clicked a spit here - 1:07.


Retraced my steps back to the four-way and cruised down Green's backside to the Gregory trailhead. After a short jaunt through the Chautauqua meadow, I back at the car feeling refreshed and wishing I could do it all over again.


Solid and steady climbing day. Very little fatigue. I forgot the Garmin watch today...and didn't miss it.  Just a very enjoyable day on the trails...as it should be.



No comments:

Post a Comment