Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Running in the Dark

Didn't get out until after the sunset, but early enough to watch the moon rise in the east as I cruised around the Meadow View loop.


Time: 1:09
Distance: 7.14 miles
Effort: Easy
Body: Good
Weather: Cool and dark



A conspiracy of multiple origins led to me not getting out until around 6 p.m., well after the sun had set. So, with one headlamp on my head and another in my right hand, I dashed around Elk Meadow's Meadow View loop in the dark.


Running in the dark is a hit-or-miss thing for me.  Sometimes I really enjoy it, others...not so much.  Last night was one of the good night runs. Time seemed to stand still.  All the hills seemed to have flattened. I just loved the feeling of movement as my forward progress broke the never-ending clouds of moisture emanating from my lungs in the cold night air.


First time this year I broke out the running pants.





1 comment:

  1. >First time this year I broke out the running pants.

    You Evergreen folks are hardy.

    I was surprised to find I actually kind of like running in the dark. My suburban Lakewood street routes are mellow and hilly, and the views of the city are nice. And we even have lions for excitement.

    ReplyDelete