Friday, January 7, 2011

Misc.

Naturally, the just-past holiday season meant exploring a few new (to me) Colorado microbrew gems. Below is a pic of my fave recent discovery, an IPA from Tommyknocker made with black rice and called Hop Strike. I haven't been a big fan of TK's beer, but this one was damn good.  I think it previously had only been offered on draft and in growlers.

Fave beer of the 2010/2011 holiday season.

Following the last snow, a large bit of the Evergreen elk herd came down from higher elevations to graze in the open areas around Elk Meadow Open Space, other local parks and, of course, local neighborhoods.  This large herd (probably about 60 animals) was in our yard just before the end of the year.

Today, the herd was grazing in the open areas of Bergen Park.  Lots of chirping and a few bugles as I strolled up to take a few snapshots (cue thoughts of camera-touting, know-nothing runner getting mauled by an elk).

Part of large elk heard grazing in Bergen Park in Evergreen.


3 comments:

  1. Their Maple Nut Brown Ale is also very good, if you like browns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried the Maple Nut Brown. I like the brown part...not so much the maple part.

    Thanks for the suggestion, though. What else is on your list?

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as Tommy Knocker goes, that's all I've had - and it was when I was back visiting Michigan, actually. So my experience is limited.

    ReplyDelete